Code of Ethics
1. We will make every effort to fix your vehicle right the "first time".
2. We will recommend corrective and maintenance services to the customer and explain if those services are required now to correct existing problems or if the services are preventative maintenance intended to prevent future problems.
3. We will offer the customer a priced estimate for work to be performed.
4. We will obtain prior authorization for all work done in writing or by any other means satisfactory to the customer.
5. We will make every effort to keep the customer informed about appointments and completion deadlines.
6. We will furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts and/or services.
7. We will furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request at the time work is approved.